Prof. dr. Bart P.M. Joosen is a professor of Financial Law at Leiden University, affiliated to the Institute of Private Law, Hazelhoff Institute for Financial Law and since 1 September 2023 special advisor at Regulatory Counsel I Financial Services. Bart Joosen is also a fellow of the European Banking Institute (www.ebi-europe.eu) and part-time professor at the Florence School of Banking and Finance, Robert Schumann Institute for Advanced Studies at the European university Institute, Florence, Italy (fbf.eui.eu/people/bart-joosen). He has expertise on financial services supervision with a focus on micro-prudential supervision of banks (including in-depth Basel II/Basel III/Basel IV and Solvency II knowledge), insurance companies, investment firms and payment services. His particular interest concerns risk transfer transactions, including credit risk mitigation techniques and securitisation.
Bart Joosen graduated from Tilburg University in 1987 and was promoted to doctor in law science (PhD) at the same university in 1998. Before 1 July 2023 when he resigned as solicitor (advocaat), Bart Joosen worked for more than 30 years in private practice acting for businesses active in the financial markets.
- Een nieuw prudentieel regime voor beleggingsondernemingen (i)
- Voltooing van de bankenunie - banken pakket voorstellen voor CRR2 en CRD5
- Bankwetgeving na de financiele crisis
- Regulatory Capital Requirements and Bail in Mechanisms
- Stability, Flexibility and Proportionality: Towards a Two-Tiered European Banking Law